Home Page

Our History

Township Info

Business & Admin

Park & Recreation

Meeting Schedules

Meeting Minutes

Download Forms

Ordinances

Our History

The original settlers of our area were from the Radnorshire section of Wales. They named the land Nantmeal or Nantmill meaning "sweet water".

The original Welsh settlers were followed by the Scotch-Irish. When the division of Nantmeal created three separate townships the Welsh stayed in West Nantmeal.

Many of the farm deeds of West Nantmeal Township trace their origins to the sons of William Penn: John, Richard and Thomas Penn. From the time of the early settlers this area has been an agricultural area.



Central School, September 1939


Bridge over Brandywine near
Wyebrook Station, about 1902


Goodwill M.E. Church,
Loag, PA

West Nantmeal Township • 455 N. Manor Road • PO Box 234 • Elverson, PA 19520
E-Mail wntwp@ptd.net • Phone (610) 286-9722 • Office Hours Mon.-Wed. 9:00am-2:00pm